In the European Union, Poland is ranked 5th and 10th in the world for its educational system. In terms of quality, Polish education is the best. Poland’s institutes also rank highly internationally. Poland’s nationals are able to get well-paying jobs in other European countries very easily.
You must consider moving to Poland for your education after all this debate. However, international students must hold a student visa before applying to Polish universities or institutes due to the rigorous application process.
To help interested candidates quickly review the details and work out the process, we have compiled all the information about Poland Student Visas. We will answer all your questions about the application process, requirements, and eligibility in this post. Stay tuned for more information.
- How does the Poland Student Visa work?
- Poland Student Visa Supporting Documents
- Processing time for Poland study visas
- Poland Study Visa Validity
- Is it possible for students with Poland Student Visas to work?
- What is the process for extending a Poland study visa?
- Poland Study Visa 2023: How to Apply?
- Poland Student Visa Application Process
How does the Poland Student Visa work?
To study at an institute in Poland, you will need a student visa, which will allow you to enter the country and study.
You do not need a student visa for Poland if you are a member of the EU/EEA or Switzerland. You will need to register your stay if you intend to stay longer than three months.
Poland Student Visa Supporting Documents
You will need the following documents to support your Poland Student Visa application;
- Two Poland visa application forms
- Two passport-sized photographs
- A passport valid for at least 3 months
- Additional copies of passport
- Health insurance
- Proof of accommodation that you have a place to live in Poland
- Enough financial resources to fund your stay in Poland.
- A university acceptance letter
- Alternatively, you can submit an invitation letter from your guarantor, who will find a place for you to stay if you can’t find one.
- Documents proving proficiency in English
- Documents related to scholarships (if applicable)
- Status of relationship (married/single)
- Date and time of your flight must be shown.
- Keep the receipt as proof that you paid the visa fee.
Processing time for Poland study visas
The Poland Student Visa usually takes 15 days to process after you submit your application. Three months after receiving an acceptance letter from a university, students must apply.
During the summer, the visa processing time may be extended due to a large number of applications.
Poland Study Visa Validity
Students can extend their national student visa’s validity by applying for a TRP (Temporary Residence Permit) within three months of arriving in the country, which allows them to stay for an additional two years.
Is it possible for students with Poland Student Visas to work?
It is possible for students to work in Poland on a student visa provided they have a residence permit. During your studies, you can work part-time for up to 20 hours a week. During breaks, work full-time.
What is the process for extending a Poland study visa?
Within three months of arriving in the country, candidates can apply for a temporary residence permit. You will be able to stay for the duration of your educational program.
You cannot extend your residence permit, so if you wish to extend your temporary resident permit, you will need to travel back to your home country and reapply.
Poland Study Visa 2023: How to Apply?
You can apply for a student visa to Poland in one of the following ways, depending on your nationality;
- Polish Embassy or Consulate
- Consulates or Polish embassies in neighboring countries
- You can apply for a visa through a private agency or center authorized by the Polish Embassy.
- Poland can issue a visa through another Schengen country.
The Polish consulate can be found here: Poland’s Mission Abroad.
Poland Student Visa Application Process
Follow these steps to apply for a Poland Student Visa;
- Visit the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ e-Konsulat website to find the Polish embassy and schedule an appointment.
- On the e-Konsulat website, fill out the application form.
- Gather all the necessary documents (listed below).
- All documents must be submitted to the embassy on the day of the appointment.
- Interview for a visa.
- Upon completion of the interview, you will be evaluated and informed of the decision. Visa confirmation usually takes 15 days.