HEC Pakistan Based Research Journals for the Year 2023-24 (July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023) were advertised on 4th April 2022 by the Higher Education Commission. The Higher Education Commission (HEC), Pakistan facilitates national research journals published by registered entities (Universities/DAIs, Public Sector R&D Organizations and non-profit academic societies with a mandate for research registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) and/or Registrar of Societies only) by providing financial assistance and capacity building to improve their academic and publication standards.
An annual open call recognizes national research journals that comply with HEC accreditation requirements.
HEC Research Journals 2023
The following minimum HEC accreditation criteria must be met by all Pakistan-based research journals for the year 2023-24 (July 01, 2022 to June 30, 2023):
- Valid ISSN
- Journal Title
- University, DAI, R&D organization, private society, or non-profit journal
- Journal’s functional website
- An academic editorial/advisory board (or equivalent), with PhD degrees in relevant fields (i.e., area of publication) or FCPS/FRCS/MCPS degrees for medical journals and strong research and publication backgrounds).
- Each issue of the journal must contain a minimum of five original research articles.
- At least two review reports of each article.
- For approved educational institutions (public/private) or public sector R&D organizations, the editor will provide a recommendation letter from the institution’s head.
- After registration with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) or Registrar of Societies (Registration with other organizations will not be accepted), journals owned by non-profit academic societies with research mandates will be considered.
- Accreditation will not be considered for journals listed in the removed list of the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) or Australian Business Deans Committee (ABDC).
Journals currently enrolled in the HEC Journal Recognition System (HJRS) will also have to apply for accreditation again in FY 2022-23.
Before March 31, 2022, applications should be submitted online at link research.hec.gov.pk. Postal and email applications will not be considered. Applicants can check the status of their applications on the portal where applications are submitted (research.hec.gov.pk). Approval/rejection of applications will not be communicated separately via email or letter.
Further details can be found at http://hec.gov.pk/site/journals. Read the details carefully.