Law Admission Test (LAT) has been announced by Higher Education Commission (HEC) for admission to the 5-year Undergraduate LLB Degree program 2023-26. The HEC is conducting LAT test for applicants desirous to get admission in five-year LLB Degree Programme in HEC/PBC-recognized public and private sector universities/institutions and recognized colleges affiliated with public sector universities, according to the Order dated March 6, 2018 and the Judgement dated August 31, 2018 passed in C.P.134/2012 of the Honorable Supreme Court. Applications must be submitted by 17th January 2023.
Those who wish to be admitted to the LLB program in 2023 must pass the entry test on 30th January 2022.
Law Admission Test (LAT) For LLB Degree Program 2023 Paper Pattern
- Graduates of the Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) or an equivalent/grade 12 education.
- HSSC or equivalent/grade 12 students who have taken the final examination.
|Division of Questions||Marks||Nature of Questions|
|Essay||15||200 words maximum|
|Personal Statement||10||200 words maximum|
|General Knowledge MCQs||20|
|Islamic Studies MCQs||10|
|MCQs Pak Studies||10|
|Math MCQs||05||Basic Math|
Date of Examination for HEC LLB Program 2023
- The test is tentatively scheduled for January 30, 2022. Changes in test dates will be communicated through www.hec.gov.pk and http://etc.hec.gov.pk.
- In a week before the test date, applicants who register through HEC’s online registration process will be able to download their Roll Number Slip from http://etc.hec.gov.pk and their registered email address.
- For the test date, time, and venue, registered applicants will also receive an email or SMS. In order to receive Roll Number Slips, candidates must provide valid email/mobile numbers when filling out the online application form.
- In order to enter the Test Centre on the last day, a print of the Roll Number Slip and the original CNIC will be required.
Details of Examination Centres For LAT Test 2023
Major cities will host the test. A list of test/examination centers is available in the application form for applicants to choose from. After registration, the Examination Centre cannot be changed.
How to Register for Law Admission Test HEC 2023
- For online registration, please visit http://etc.hec.gov.pk.
- For assistance with online registration, please visit onlinehelp.hec.gov.pk, visit HEC Secretariat or contact HEC regional offices.
- In order to submit an application, you need to complete your profile using the “My Profile” section of the portal, followed by submitting your application using the “Law Admission Test” link on the left hand side menu panel.
- For LAT, only applications that have been SUBMITTED will be considered, and applications that have been SAVED or INCOMPLETE will not be considered.
- Fees of Rs. 1000/- must be deposited online/at the ATM into Account No. 1742 7900 133401, Account Title: Higher Education Commission, Bank: Habib Bank Limited, Branch Code: 1742. There will be no acceptance of bank drafts or pay orders.
- In order to register, applicants must send a copy of the Fee Deposit Slip/ATM/Online Transfer through courier to Member’s House, HEC, Sector H-8, Islamabad by the last date.
- On the backside of the deposit slip, please include your CNIC number.
- Test Fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.